International Course on the Clinical Management of Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis
The International Course on the Clinical Management of Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis is a five-day intensive training course, consisting of interactive in-class presentations, discussions and practical exercises and a field visit in Bangkok, aiming to strengthen participants’ capacity in clinical and programmatic management of drug-resistant tuberculosis.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the current global epidemiological situation of drug-resistant tuberculosis
- Review the different approaches for the detection and diagnosis of drug-resistant tuberculosis
- Address the basics of ideal treatment, according to different patterns of drug-resistance
- Review second line medicines and new drugs
- Discuss common problems and possible solutions for programmatic management of drug-resistant tuberculosis
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for clinicians who are responsible for diagnosis and treatment of drug-resistant tuberculosis, staff of national tuberculosis programmes and technical partners working in tuberculosis care and prevention in low and middle-income countries.
Course Fee: 1,800 USD
Course fee includes tuition, training material, lunch and two tea breaks. Residential package fee available at 2,550 USD (Course fee + 750 USD for accommodation and breakfast).
Dr Chen-Yuan Chiang and Dr Sarabjit Chadha
Trackback from your site.